HS students can earn .5 credits for this year-long two hour per week class.
This course provides opportunities to develop performance skills and knowledge in A cappella ensemble singing. Covers performance and production analysis and theoretical studies, historical and cultural influences, creative aspects of music and appreciation of music. Styles may include art songs and traditional selections. Stresses balance of individual progress and group success.
Course Prerequisite: This is a select auditioned group. Students should be competent A cappella vocalists, demonstrating skill in tone, pitch, rhythm, harmony, and reading music.
PRE-AUDITION PREP OPPORTUNITY:
Mrs. Simmons, Director of Cornerstone A cappella Singers, is offering an optional audition prep class on Friday, May 5, 7:30-8:15 a.m.
Come join us to receive extra advice and practice before the May 10 auditions. Please email Mrs. Simmons, email@example.com, if you plan to attend the audition prep class.
Auditions: Wednesday, May 10
- Interested students must audition - see below for upcoming audition information.
- If invited to enroll after audition, no schedule change fee will apply to add the class.
- Class tuition is $240 per semester, with no additional materials fee.
- Students commit to a full year in order to earn the .5 high school credit. Middle school students may enroll in the class but cannot earn high school level credit for their transcript.
- Class meets during ‘zero’ period - Mondays 7:15-8:15 a.m. & Wednesdays 4-5 p.m.
- Performance opportunities will include one second semester concert and the possibility of various off-campus performances.