Mrs. Amy Sikkelee M.A., CCC/SLP will be screening the students. The registration form will need to be received no later than Tuesday, September 20. The cost of this service is $30. Please make checks payable to Amy Sikkelee.
Mrs. Sikkelee has been providing speech and language screenings, evaluations and therapy for preschool and school age students for over 20 years. She is a licensed and nationally certified Speech Language Pathologist, wife, and mother of three Cornerstone Prep students.
There are several criteria with which to make your decision:
- “I just want to make sure my child is on track for his/her pronunciation (speech) development.”
- “My child received speech and language therapy before and it is time to monitor his progress”
- “My pediatrician has raised some concern about my child’s development.”
- “My child’s teacher has asked about my child’s ability to follow directions or comprehension of vocabulary or my child’s hesitancy to speak to peers or to the teacher.”
- “I am concerned about my child’s stuttering/lisping/__________________ (insert concern)
- The hearing screening tests a minimal loudness necessary to hear speech at several different pitches.
- The speech screening looks at the sounds your child makes. Not all children are expected to make all speech sounds at an early age. Is your child producing those sounds he should have mastered?
- The language screening explores vocabulary, grammar, sentence structure, auditory memory, and general language processing skills.
A screening is just that: a pass or fail score for the above mentioned skills. A “fail” score will be explained in writing. Mrs. Sikkelee will be happy to speak with you personally to discuss screening results and possible areas of concern.
At that point, it will be your decision to seek an evaluation with myself or one of a variety of clinics or hospitals in the area.
- Deadline for forms & checks is Tuesday, September 20
- Screening is Thursday, September 22, in the Den