Today was a glorious and exciting day for Cornerstone Prep with our spring semester Open House held in our very own campus. As we welcomed home our families, Head of School Jeanne Borders shared the following bible verses that have guided us:
Do not despise these small beginnings, for the Lord rejoices to see the work begin. Zechariah 4:10
Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Psalm 127:1
Be anxious for nothing but in everything by prayer and supplication make your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7
We will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the Lord. Psalm 78:4
After an opening prayer and a beautiful dedication song from the Everill family, Mrs. Borders gave families the following updates:
- We are currently operating off a temporary certificate of occupancy, TCO, for the education building and working on a TCO for gym.
- The front doors will unlock at 8:15 a.m. each morning for students to enter. We need students to be picked up or out of the education building by 4 p.m. each day.
- After School: As a reminder, students and/or their siblings can’t stay after 4 p.m. This includes siblings of athletes that are staying after for practice or games.
- Students are not to leave any items in their lockers at the end of each day. Elementary students use the lockers on T/TH and secondary students on M/W/F. Elementary teachers will guide the students on the correct way to use the lockers, K students are not assigned a locker.
- There are cameras throughout the building and security has been well thought out. Access to and from the building is controlled from the front. Technology security is also tight.
- As a reminder, students are not allowed to have cell phones on their person while on campus during school hours. They may keep their cell phones in their locker or car, but they must be turned off.
- Students who drive will have assigned parking spaces once the yellow house is torn down. Until then, students should park in the back parking spaces.
- Elementary students will now have recess before lunch. We will share some research with you showing you the benefits.
- Please pay attention to the new carpool dismissal instructions & know it will run slower than normal the first week or so.
- There is now a lending library area for parents & students in the Den. Please take advantage of it.
- Lost & Found: Now located in the Den in the lovely wicker basket. This will be cleared out every week, so check often!
- Sick Bay: There is now a cot located next to the front office for students who feel ill during the school day.
- Senior Area: The bar area and outside picnic tables are reserved for our seniors only.
- Gum is allowed for secondary students. This privilege for our older students is one we want to keep! Mrs. Borders reminded everyone that the first time gum is found someplace it should not be, it will be revoked for everyone, so students, self-police your peers!
- NO food & drink in classrooms except water in clear container.
- Lunchroom: The Den is also our lunchroom. Each table seats only 8. Only 8 students will be allowed to sit at each table.
- Envelope Depository: You can now drop off payments or paperwork to the envelope depository outside the front office window.
- Gym Update: We are waiting on the gym floor. Due to the large amount of rain we have received, it can not be laid down until the moisture content decreases.
- Playground & Playfield Update: Rain, rain, go away!
- Athletic Field Update: This field will be seeded. At one point we had hoped to sod the field, but that $60,000 was needed elsewhere. Should anyone want to donate the money to sod the field, Coach Aldridge would love to talk to you!