- The technology classes on July 27 and August 3 are optional for parents. They will be helpful to you as a parent, but you are not required to attend.
- The Everything You Wanted to Know Class, offered on July 27, is a grand overview of all the different ways we use technology here at Cornerstone, the view from 30,000 feet.
- The Technology in the Classroom, offered on August 3, is specific to Google Classroom is only for secondary students/parents.
- 6th & 7th grade students are required to attend Using the Chromebook & Google in the Classroom, offered on August 2. Parents are welcome to attend.
The curriculum trainings for elementary parents are required this year and here is why...
- Go, Math! is brand new this year.
- Super Kids changes each year and the teachers have asked that parents receive new training each year to make the transition easier.
- However, only new student families--those students who are new to Cornerstone Prep, are required to attend the Strategies for Writers, grades 3-6 only, training.
- You do not need to register for these curriculum trainings. They are repeated each hour. If you have multiple children, please attend the oldest child's training.
The University-Model®, as you know, is a partnership between parent and school. Your partnership tasks may be time-consuming this first week.
Our hope and prayer is that this time investment on your part will make your school year much easier.