No Pass, No Play Policy
- Student-athletes with a failing average in one or more classes will not participate in play until the average/s returns to passing.
- This policy is established to assist students in balancing athletics and academics.
- Principal checks class averages the first and third Friday of each month beginning in September for first semester and February for second semester of each school year.
- A zero for an assignment due to absence will not penalize the student athlete.
- Principal will submit names to the athletic director by 9 a.m. on first and third Fridays.
- Athletic director will immediately email respective coaches, student, and parents.
- Suspension from play will be effective the Monday following the notification.
- Student-athlete will dress out with team, but will not be permitted to play until released by principal.
- Student-athletes suspended from play are permitted to practice, unless student-athlete continues to maintain a failing average after three cycles. At that point, student-athlete would then be removed from practice to focus on academics.
- Principal will monitor class average of suspended student and conference with respective teacher to verify academic improvement or need for tutoring.
- Principal notifies athletic director when a student-athlete may return to play.