However the Class of 2016 has some amazing statistics, and our coat buttons might just burst off if we wait until May to share. In this class of 27 students, 21 have been accepted into at least one college and the vast majority into multiple universities.
Even more amazing:
- All four that applied to UGA early admission were accepted.
- One of those same four was also accepted into Ga Tech.
- Three seniors were accepted into the prestigious Savannah College of Arts & Design University or SCAD.
- Numerous students were accepted into out of state universities, including Auburn, Baylor, University of Mississippi, Samford, and others.
Wait till you hear about the scholarships these seniors have earned!
Though it is only January:
- One senior has applied for 28 scholarships & counting.
- 13 of these seniors have already earned over $1,135,000 in scholarship money
- That is an average of over $87,000 each!
That does not include any Zell Miller or HOPE funds. Nor does it include any scholarship funding yet to come. We will keep you posted on these super seniors, but needless to say, we are proud of their accomplishments.
“I am so incredibly proud of this group of students. Many of them began their college application process in June, with acceptances beginning in July, before their senior year even began!” said Jillian Cosgrove, Director of Director of School Counseling.
“They all have an excellent understanding of college fit, so they are applying appropriately to colleges based on their skills, interests, and desires. I have no doubt whatsoever that the vast majority of these students will attend their first choice college in the fall and I can’t wait to see what God has in store for their futures!”
At Cornerstone Prep, College Prepared. Life Equipped. is more than just a tagline. It is who we are. And, we are proud of these seniors for living out our legacy.