The University-Model and Cornerstone
Cornerstone Preparatory Academy is a University-Model® school, a private, parent-based Christian school whose purpose is to provide its students with a comprehensive, college-preparatory education from a biblical perspective. This holistic approach is accomplished through an education format that makes provision for both trained classroom instruction and individualized parent mentoring at home.
What is the University-Model?
The University-Model® combines the best attributes of traditional schooling with the best attributes of homeschooling and integrates them into one model. The result is quality, cost-effective, college-preparatory education that gives parents more time for imparting their own faith and values to their children. In partnership with one another, parents and the school work together toward a mutual goal; at Cornerstone, that goal is to build within children a firm foundation of academic excellence and Christian discipleship.
What Makes Cornerstone a Unique University-Model School?
- Our elementary school includes kindergarten through grade 6, while our secondary school includes grades 7 through 12.
- Elementary students (K-6) meet on campus Tue/Thu, with home days being Mon/Wed/Fri.
- Secondary students (7-12) meet on campus Mon/Wed/Fri, with home days being Tue/Thu (except for students taking certain science, foreign language, and AP classes).
- Students may choose to attend Cornerstone full time or part time.
- All students attend regularly-scheduled chapel programs.
- A wide range of athletic, arts, and student life groups are available for students to enjoy.
- Because parent involvement is essential and a vital spiritual element, parents must be in agreement with the school’s doctrinal position as a condition of acceptance to Cornerstone.
Cornerstone Preparatory Academy is a University-Model® school, certified by the National Association of University-Model® Schools (also known as University-Model® Schools International). Cornerstone Prep is accredited by Cognia (formerly known as AdvancEd). We are also a member of the Association of Christian Schools International.