What We Believe
Partnering with parents to build within their children a firm foundation of academic excellence and Christian discipleship.
Cornerstone Preparatory Academy is a University-Model® school, a private, parent-based Christian school whose purpose is to provide its students with a comprehensive, college-preparatory education from a Christian perspective. This comprehensive approach is accomplished through an educational format that makes provision for both trained classroom instruction in the central classroom at school and individualized parent involvement in the off-campus/at-home classroom at home.
Our Guiding Principles
- To love and glorify God in all that we do. (1 Corinthians 10:31, 1 Peter 4:11)
- To do everything, including academic teaching, in a way that helps fulfill the Great Commission. (Matthew 28:18-20)
- To affirm and encourage parents in their God-given roles and responsibilities. (Deuteronomy 6:6-7, Proverbs 22:6)
- To educate with excellence in a Christ-centered environment. (Luke 2:52, Proverbs 1:2-7, 3:13-20, 9:9, and 10:14)
- To integrate home and school in age appropriate ways through the curriculum design and student activities.
Our Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God. (2 Timothy 3:15; 2 Peter 1:21)
- We believe there is only one God, eternally existent in three persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Genesis 1:1; Matthew 28:19; John 10:30)
- We believe in the deity of Christ (John 10:33); His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:35); His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15; 7:26); His miracles (John 2:11); His vicarious and atoning death (1 Corinthians 15:3; Ephesians 1:7; Hebrews 2:9); His resurrection (John 11:25; 1 Corinthians 15:4); His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19); His personal return in power and glory. (Acts 1:11; Revelation 19:11)
- We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature, and that men are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ and that only by God’s grace and through faith alone we are saved. (John 3:16-19; 5:24; Romans 3:23; 5:8-9, Ephesians 2:8-10; Titus 3:5)
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation. (John 5:28-29)
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. (Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 12:12-13; Galatians 3:26-28)
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life. (Romans 8:13-14; 1 Corinthians 3:16; 6:19-20; Ephesians 4:30; 5:18)
We believe that all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. (Genesis 1:27; Genesis 2:7; Job 33:4; Psalm 139:13-16). We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. (Genesis 1:26-27). Rejection of one’s biological sex is a rejection of the image of God within that person.
We believe in the biblical definition of marriage as the covenant relationship between one biological man and one biological woman. (Gen. 2:24). We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only within the bounds of marriage, in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture. (1 Corinthians 6:18; 7:2-5; Hebrews 13:4; Genesis 2:18-25).
The Statement of Faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. For purposes of Cornerstone Preparatory Academy’s faith, doctrine, practice, policy, and discipline, our Board of Directors is Cornerstone’s final interpretive authority on the Bible’s meaning and application.
Our Statement of Faith is fundamental to basic Christian tenets and contains those doctrines to which we unreservedly adhere and teach. It is our desire to maintain this position and to do so in all fairness to each family. In honoring this desire concerning the outreach of this ministry, there shall be no attempt made by parents, students, staff, or academy board members to promote or disparage any doctrinal or denominational beliefs, practices, or positions regarding issues upon which the ministry itself has assumed no official stance. We desire to remain united in the salvation and love of Christ, avoiding the dissension that may be caused by denominational distinctives.