Chalk Fest 2023
Sat, Oct 28, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Cornerstone Parking Lot
We are excited to host an opportunity for Cornerstone families and alumni to participate in a fun Fine Arts activity together! This event allows anyone within our school community a chance to create in a collaborative, communal environment with some friendly competition.
Who can participate and what are the requirements?
- All Cornerstone students, families, and alumni who sign up for a 4' x 4' space in advance on Sign Up Genius.
- No cost to enter!
- All 4' x 4' designs should be appropriate for all ages.
- If you decide to work in a group, teams should consist of at least two people, but not more than 5.
- Team size exceptions can be made for larger families.
- One adult/parent is required for all groups that have students aged K - 8 grade.
- Check-in begins at 8:30 a.m. on Sat, Oct 28. Judging will begin at 12:30 p.m. with prize and awards announced at 1 p.m.
- We will also have a "Kids Zone" for the littles to draw their own creations (Not part of the competition).
What are the prizes/awards?
- $100 to the Best in Show!
- Additional Awards for Best Family Group Effort, Best Friend Group Effort, School Spirit Award, Most Colorful, etc.
- High school students participating in a team will earn points toward their grade-level Huddle.
Where do I sign up a team?
- Team Captain or an individual participant can click here to register by Thu, Oct 26.
- We need a minimum of six teams to hold this event.
What do I need to bring/wear?
- Each registered group will receive a box of 48 count sidewalk chalk at registration. If you would like more color choices you may bring your own chalk pastels (No oil pastels. All pastels you bring must be checked at the registration desk when you arrive.)
- Wear old clothes that can get dirty.
- Bring a picnic lunch, water, sunscreen and awesome creativity!
- OPTIONAL to bring: a photo reference, sports/beach tent for shade, pieces of old cardboard to sit on when working on the ground, wet wipes