Secondary Student Life
Students gather on Fridays to learn, grow, and build their faith in the Lord. Here are the different ways we gather:
- Chapel - students have applicable Bible lessons, worship, and prayer.
- House and Team Challenge Gatherings - students enjoy healthy competitions.
- Special Gatherings - students have guest speakers, guest musical groups, and student assemblies.
- IMPACT Gatherings (high school only) - students plan and team build in preparation for IMPACT teams in the spring.
High School House System
All of our high school students are inducted into a House. We have eight Houses with staff leaders and student council members. Our Houses compete with each other to earn points throughout the year.
At the beginning of each school year, secondary students attend a retreat, where they build strong friendships and focus their hearts and minds on growing their relationship with the Lord.
Middle school students and high school students participate in separate off-campus retreats. Close bonds are formed during activities in which students must depend on one another. Common activities include canoeing, swimming, navigating high ropes courses and soaring on zip lines. Students also engage in chapel services, team-building activities, and large-group games.
The cost of the retreat is included in the student activity fee so every student can participate. Retreats are chaperoned by Cornerstone faculty members and school administrators.
Student Life Groups are comprised of students who have an interest in a particular area and meet for enjoyment.
- Animal Ambassadors (once per month, after school) - Middle & high school students who enjoy caring for and helping animals.
- Battle of the Books (once per month, before school) - Middle school students read one/two books per month and compete in a quiz bowl at the end of the school year.
- Bible Studies (once per month, Monday morning) - Middle and high school student-led study groups focusing on practical application of God's Word.
- Bright (once per month, after school) - Middle and high school girls prayer group.
- Debate (once per month, after school) - High school students learning and practicing healthy and godly ways to beneficially debate.
- First Wednesday (once per month, first Wednesday before school) - Middle & high school students establishing a student-led core of believers to worship, learn, and lead together under Christ.
- Spanish Club (once per month, before school) - High school students who learn more about and experience the Spanish culture.
- STEM Club (once per month, after school) - High school students who share the love of science and engineering.
- Students For Life (once per month, before school) - High school students who learn about the sanctity of life and promote the pro-life stance.
- Writers Guild Club (once per month, before school) - High school students who enjoy creative writing.
Student Life Ministry Teams are comprised of students who want to grow the spiritual life within the student body.
- Sports Ministry Team - FCA (once per month, before school) - High School students that assist coaches in all sports in prayer, devotions, and spiritual assistance as huddle leaders. Responsible for one student life activity each season.
- Worship Ministry Team - High school students who lead in school worship services including Chapel Gatherings and morning worship Gatherings.
Student Life Service Organizations are comprised of students who want to serve their student body and community.
- House Council (once per month, before House Gatherings) - High school students who represent their Houses in creating and planning student activities.
- Leadership Academy (once per month, before school) - Thirty high school students per year in a leadership academy partnered with Chick-fil-A to plan and execute two service projects - one in December and one in April.
- National Beta Club (once per month) - High school juniors and seniors with a 3.75 GPA or higher who learn the ideals of academic achievement, character, service, and leadership skills by serving others.
- Student Ambassadors/Lead4Change (once per month, before school) - Middle School students who partner with Lead2Feed to learn leadership skills and work with charity to earn money for that charity and the school.