Secondary Student Life
Secondary Student Life Opportunities
- Students gather on Friday’s to learn, grow, and to build our faith in the Lord. Here are the different ways we gather.
- Chapel Gatherings where we have applicable Bible lessons, worship, and prayer.
- HS only--IMPACT Gatherings where students plan and team build in preparation for our IMPACT teams in the spring.
- MS only--Cornerstone Cares Gatherings where students plan and prepare for the K-8 Cornerstone Cares Day Service Day in the spring.
- House and Team Challenge Gatherings where students enjoy healthy competitions.
- Special Gatherings where students have guest speakers, guest musical groups, and student assemblies.
Student Life Groups
Group Life at Cornerstone is always exciting!
- We offer interest clubs that are comprised of students who have an interest in a particular area and meet for enjoyment.
- Ministry Teams are comprised of students who want to grow the spiritual life within the student body.
- Service Organizations are comprised of students who want to serve their student body and community.
High School House System
- All of our high school students are inducted into a House. We have eight Houses with staff leaders and student council members. Our Houses compete with each other to earn points throughout the year.
- HS student led prayer groups at lunchtime twice per month.
Student Life Clubs
Student Life Clubs are comprised of students who have an interest in a particular area and meet for enjoyment.
- Spanish Club
- High school students who learn more about and experience the Spanish culture.
- Chess Club
- Middle & high school students who compete in the game of chess.
- Writers Guild Club
- High school students who enjoy creative writing.
- Science Club
- High school students who share the love of science.
- High School students interested in developing their debating skills.
- Students For Life
- High school students who learn about the sanctity of life and promote the pro-life stance.
- Animal Ambassadors
- Middle & high school students who enjoy caring for and helping animals.
- High school girls Bible study and prayer group.
- First Wednesday
- Middle & high school students establishing a student-led core of believers to worship, learn, and lead together under Christ.
- Various Bible Studies
- Middle school boys
- Middle school girls
- Grades 9/10 girls
- Grades 9/10 guys
- Grades 11/12
Student Life Ministry Teams are comprised of students who want to grow the spiritual life within the student body.
- Worship Ministry Team
- High school students who lead in school worship services including Chapel Gatherings and morning worship Gatherings.
- Sports Ministry Team - FCA
- High School students that assist coaches in all sports in prayer, devotions and spiritual assistance as huddle leaders. Responsible for one student life activity each season.
Student Life Service Organizations are comprised of students who want to serve their student body and community.
- House Council
- High School students who represent their Houses in creating and planning student activities.
- National Beta Club
- High School students who learn the ideals of academic achievement, character, service and leadership skills by serving others.
- Key Club International
- High School students who perform acts of service in our community.
- Student Ambassadors
- Middle School students who serve their student body with middle school activities.
- Cougar Crew
- Middle & high school boys who serve within the school at special functions.