Cornerstone Students Share Christmas Cheer
Each year, Cornerstone Elementary cheerleaders organize and participate in a service project. With the help of teachers and parents, they were able to bring some much-needed joy to others this holiday season. Read below as we're reminded that even the smallest gesture can make the biggest difference.
Question about any of the school announcements? Click here to email Mrs. Souza your question.
Cornerstone families, thank you for your outpouring of love through your generous Christmas gifts. We are blessed!
We truly appreciate our PTF for coordinating this special gift.
Look through the Lost & Found by Fri, Dec 17!
- Any items not picked up by 2 p.m. will be donated.
- Labeled items with names will not be donated. Please assist the front office staff by putting your name on personal items.
Please be aware, per our COVID-19 Response Plan, students traveling internationally (including cruises) will be required to remain out of school for the period of five calendar days after returning to the US. A negative PCR test taken on day 5 is required prior to the return to school classes and activities. Vaccination status or prior COVID-19 does not negate this requirement.
Please notify your child's principal in advance if your family has international travel plans. Thank you and have a blessed trip!
BSN is offering 20% off on your Sideline Store purchase of $90 or more! The promotion is good for the entire month of December.
Before you buy: Please note that short- or long-sleeved T-shirts (with or without hoods) are not permitted on regular uniform days. Students must wear a Land's End, uniform-approved polo under any approved outerwear.
Click here for the Online Spirit Store
Enjoy Christmas break from Dec 20 - 31! The office will be closed during break and re-opens Mon, Jan 3.
Report cards will be released via an email from Samantha Crump on Mon, Dec 27.
Please follow these instructions for accessing report cards:
- Check your email for a link to your student's report card on Mon, Dec 27, after 2 p.m.
- Parents will receive a separate email for each student with the following subject line: "Confidential: Report Card (Student Name)"
- Students in grades 5-12 will also receive an email with a report card link.
- Report Cards will not be accessible through ParentsWeb.
- The link will expire on Mon, Jan 10. Please print your report cards before this date.
Second semester schedules will be available for viewing on ParentsWeb after 2 p.m. on Mon, Dec 27.
Parents interested in making changes to their student's spring schedule can now complete the form online. The deadline for schedule changes is Fri, Jan 7 at 4 p.m.
- Schedule Change Form MUST be completed by a parent, using the parent's email.
- Change Fee: $25 (billed to account)
- Schedule changes are subject to availability. Students are wait-listed if a spot in the class is unavailable.
- A schedule change is used to drop/add classes, not to change the order of a schedule.
- One form will need to be completed for each student.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- When are spring schedules released? Mon, Dec 27, after 2 p.m. on ParentsWeb
- I don't want to wait for the schedule release but can't remember what classes we registered for? Log in to ParentsWeb | Family Billing | General Details to view registered courses.
- How do I know what courses are offered in the spring? Click on the appropriate Course Schedule link below to see what is offered in the spring. Note: Course descriptions can be found in the Course Catalogs on the Family Portal under the appropriate (elementary/secondary) tab.
- Elementary Courses
- Middle School Courses
- High School Courses
- How will I know if my request has been approved? You will receive an email from Mrs. Ostell notifying you regarding your schedule change status.
Click here for the new online Schedule Change Form.
Still have questions? Contact Mrs. Ostell.
Save the date! Any current grade 8-11 student interested in taking an AP course at Cornerstone in the 2022-23 academic year must attend the information meeting for that course and meet eligibility requirements. Attendance is mandatory even if you are currently enrolled in an AP course. At least one parent must also attend the meeting, unless otherwise noted.
Click here for detailed information regarding requirements, the application process, and more.
2022-23 AP Course Offerings
- AP Computer Science Principles, Grades 9-12
- AP Computer Science A, Grades 10-12 - NEW
- AP World History: Modern, Grade 10
- AP U.S. History, Grade 11
- AP European History, Grade 12 - NEW
- AP Lit/Comp, Grade 12
- AP Calculus, Grade 12
AP Interest Meeting Dates:
- Wed, Jan 12 | 8 - 8:30 a.m.
- AP Comp Science Principles | G-102
- AP European History | G-109
- AP World History: Modern | G-106
- Wed, Jan 12 | During student's lunch: 4th period (11:15 a.m.) or 5th period (12:10 p.m.)
- Fri, Jan 14 | 8 - 8:30 a.m.
- AP Computer Science A | G-102
- AP Calc | G-103
- AP US History | G-106
Qualifying Essay/Test Dates:
- Wed, Jan 19 | 7:45 - 8:30 a.m.
- AP European History | Den
- AP World History: Modern | Den
- AP US History | Den
- Wed, Jan 19 | During Student's Lunch, 4th period,11:15 a.m., or 5th period, 12:10 p.m. (Students will have time for lunch.)
- AP Calc Assessment | G-104
- Fri, Jan 21 | 7:45 - 8:30 a.m.
Please contact Mrs. Niswonger if you have any questions.
Here are the details regarding the last day of first semester:
- Student Dress: Christmas dresses or top with jeans
- Our combined Chapel at 8:55 a.m. in the Gym
- Parents and family are welcome to attend.
- Performances by: K Music, 3/4 & 5/6 Percussion, 3/4 & 5/6 Musical Theatre
- Students will follow Schedule I
- Class parties are 12:50 - 2 p.m. Grade level coordinators are coordinating and handling communication regarding the parties.
- Early Dismissal: 2 p.m.
- Replenish any school supplies (pencils, notebook paper, etc) your student may need while at school
- Send a water bottle and a healthy snack with your student each day
- Please label jackets, lunch boxes and water bottles with first and last name
Devon Sweat is the 3rd player to reach the 1,000 career point milestone at Cornerstone. He reached the milestone against Dominion Christian on Friday, December 10, 2021. He also broke the school career assist record in a previous game vs. The King's Academy on Friday, December 3, 2021.
Coach Cowart shared, "Devon is an outstanding example of the 'student-athlete.' He is a joy to coach and has helped Cornerstone become a very successful basketball program. On behalf of his teammates, coaches, and fans I want to congratulate Devon on this accomplishment!"
The December Cougar Citizenship winning students received a certificate and enjoyed donuts with Mrs. Daniel.
Congratulations to the following students:
Kindergarten: Jace Cooley and Cali Partain
First Grade: Lawson Caskey and Eliza McCurry
Second Grade: Eliana Williams and Colt
Third Grade: Jackson Price and Sophia Reardon
Fourth Grade: Isaak Alleyne and Evangeline Thoreen
Fifth Grade: Greyson Keating and Kinsey Wiggins
Sixth Grade: Emory Lowry and Rilynn McKinney
Keep up the good citizenship! Click here if you would like to review the expectations for our students. We can't wait to see who wins next month's drawing.
Thank you so much to Cornerstone parent Jessica Gilmer of Seeded Florals a la Cart for guiding 20 Cornerstone moms through a Christmas wreath-making class at the December PTF meeting, we had so much fun!
Stay tuned for more fun PTF events next semester!
Congratulations to our seniors who have already been awarded $2 million in scholarships! Click here to see where our seniors have been accepted to attend college and earned scholarships.
Dec 17, 2021
4:30 PM - 9:30 PM
Johnson Ferry Christian Academy, 955 Johnson Ferry Rd, Marietta, GA 30068, USA
Dec 18, 2021
4:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Horizon Christian Academy, 1270 Sawnee Dr, Cumming, GA 30040, USA
Dec 13-17 | Secondary Final Exams
Dec 16 | Elementary Last Day Fall Semester, 2 p.m. Dismissal
Dec 20 - 31 | Christmas Break
Jan 3 | First Day Spring Semester
Jan 7 | Schedule Change Deadline
Jan 12, 14 | AP Interest Meetings
Jan 17 | No School MLK Holiday
Jan 20 | 6th Grade Advisement
Jan 21 | 7th Grade Advisement
Jan 24 | 8th Grade Advisement
Jan 25 | Annual Parent Meeting & Re-enrollment Kick-off (Formerly Called: State of the School)
Jan 26-27 | Registration Concierge (RSVP Required)
Jan 28 | HS House Huddle & MS Dance
Jan 31 | First Day of Current Re-Enrollment for 2022-23